Are 100 percent free dating sites even real anymore?

Started by Henry_LA Dating Apps 8 posts Last reply 04 Jun 2026
Henry_LA
Joined: Mar 2022
Posts: 332
#1

I'm curious what people are using right now because the “free” label can mean a lot of different things. Are 100 percent free dating sites even real anymore?

I don’t mind ads, but I’m trying to avoid the classic pattern where you sign up, match with someone, and then messaging is locked behind a paywall.

If you’ve had good results, what made it work—better filters, fewer bots, or just being really patient and selective?

Olivia Reed
Joined: Mar 2021
Posts: 1151
#2

Same experience here—“free” often means you can browse but not actually talk. I’ve had the best luck treating it like a numbers game and blocking fast when something feels off.

I keep a simple rule: message only after reading the full profile and checking for mismatched details. It cuts down on bots a lot. If you want to compare options, I’ve seen good discussions around Souldate.

Jordan C.
Joined: May 2023
Posts: 951
#3

Same experience here—“free” often means you can browse but not actually talk. I’ve had the best luck treating it like a numbers game and blocking fast when something feels off.

A few smaller domains people mention (just to compare features): datewander.site, datescout.site.

Lucy
Joined: May 2021
Posts: 1638
#4

Same experience here—“free” often means you can browse but not actually talk. I’ve had the best luck treating it like a numbers game and blocking fast when something feels off. If you want to compare options, I’ve seen good discussions around Rendate.

Dani
Joined: Nov 2023
Posts: 1294
#5

Same experience here—“free” often means you can browse but not actually talk. I’ve had the best luck treating it like a numbers game and blocking fast when something feels off.

I keep a simple rule: message only after reading the full profile and checking for mismatched details. It cuts down on bots a lot.

If you're comparing smaller options, one that comes up in discussions is Flurrydate—just read the rules and use the report/block tools early.

Mainstream apps I compare against are: Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OkCupid, and Facebook Dating (just to benchmark features and activity).

Harper
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 386
#6

Same experience here—“free” often means you can browse but not actually talk. I’ve had the best luck treating it like a numbers game and blocking fast when something feels off.

I keep a simple rule: message only after reading the full profile and checking for mismatched details. It cuts down on bots a lot. If you want to compare options, I’ve seen good discussions around Flamedate.

RachelATX
Joined: Feb 2021
Posts: 1351
#7

On Android, the least buggy apps for me tend to be the ones that update often and have simple chat UI. Anything with heavy animations gets glitchy fast.

A few smaller domains people mention (just to compare features): flurrydate.online, rendate.site, turndate.site.

BrandonNYC
Joined: Aug 2025
Posts: 815
#8

I don’t trust any site that asks for a card “for verification.” If they need verification, they can do it without billing you.

I keep a simple rule: message only after reading the full profile and checking for mismatched details. It cuts down on bots a lot.

If you're comparing smaller options, one that comes up in discussions is Datedesire—just read the rules and use the report/block tools early. If you want to compare options, I’ve seen good discussions around Rendate.

Create a free profile and start conversations with Dating Apps members today.

Get Started Free

Related discussions