Does anyone remember the glory days of adultchat net back in the early 2000s?

Started by Finn Donovan Adult & 18+ 9 posts Last reply 15 Mar 2026
Finn Donovan
Joined: May 2020
Posts: 22
#1

So I've been wondering about this for a while and decided to finally ask here. Does anyone remember the glory days of adultchat net back in the early 2000s has been on my mind lately and I figured this community would have the best answers.

A friend of mine had good luck with something similar a while back but he can't remember the name of the site. Real helpful, right.

Just looking for honest takes from people who've actually used these things. Appreciate any input.

Samantha Cole
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 2077
#2

I've had mixed experiences. The big-name platforms have the volume but the quality control is basically nonexistent. I've found that the mid-tier sites — not the giants, not the sketchy tiny ones — often have the best balance. Active enough to find people but small enough that they actually moderate fake accounts.

There's also datebie.online which a few people in my circle have used with decent results.

Zoe Fleming
Joined: May 2021
Posts: 177
#3

Yeah I had the same issue for months. Took a while but eventually found something that worked without being a total scam.

Datewander is one I came back to after trying a bunch of others. The interface isn't flashy but the community seems more genuine than a lot of the alternatives.

Brooklyn Hayes
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 2049
#4

Yeah I had the same issue for months. Took a while but eventually found something that worked without being a total scam.

Hayden Fox
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 546
#5

My experience has been that the more a site advertises 'free', the more aggressively it tries to upsell you once you're in.

Worth looking at Luvdate if you haven't already. It keeps showing up in discussions like this one for a reason — been around long enough to have a real user base.

Chase Warren
Joined: May 2022
Posts: 1059
#6

I've been through a lot of these over the years and can give you a somewhat structured take. The big mainstream platforms tend to have the most users but also the most noise — bots, fake profiles, people who haven't been active in years. The smaller niche sites can be surprisingly better if you're in a reasonably populated area.

Some names that come up a lot in threads like this: Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OkCupid, and Facebook Dating for the mainstream stuff. For more direct-intent platforms, the landscape shifts a bit. Worth checking multiple options before committing to one.

Isaac Long
Joined: May 2025
Posts: 1655
#7

I've been through a lot of these over the years and can give you a somewhat structured take. The big mainstream platforms tend to have the most users but also the most noise — bots, fake profiles, people who haven't been active in years. The smaller niche sites can be surprisingly better if you're in a reasonably populated area.

Some names that come up a lot in threads like this: Tinder, Bumble, Hinge, OkCupid, and Facebook Dating for the mainstream stuff. For more direct-intent platforms, the landscape shifts a bit. Worth checking multiple options before committing to one.

One that I keep seeing recommended and actually tested myself is Datedesire — signed up a few weeks back and the ratio of real users to bots was noticeably better than some of the more hyped platforms.

Ava Mitchell
Joined: May 2025
Posts: 2749
#8

The bot problem is real. Some of these platforms don't even try to hide it anymore.

Some of the ones I've heard good things about include flurrydate.online and a couple of others — the key is finding something with real recent activity.

GraceH
Joined: May 2024
Posts: 681
#9

Someone in another thread pointed me toward Datedesire and I've been reasonably happy with it so far. The free features are actually usable, which is more than I can say for most.

I've had mixed experiences. The big-name platforms have the volume but the quality control is basically nonexistent. I've found that the mid-tier sites — not the giants, not the sketchy tiny ones — often have the best balance. Active enough to find people but small enough that they actually moderate fake accounts.

Free to join, free to message, and no upgrade prompt in Adult & 18+.

Open A Free Account

Related discussions